Grand Palace Tour
For those new to Bangkok, the Grand Palace Tour is an absolute must. the Grand Palace in Bangkok is the Kingdom’s cultural epicenter. Its golden spires twinkle day & night. Its architecture has been regaled by many a past author, historian & traveller. It is also home to Thailand’s most precious Buddhist image; The Emerald Buddha which sits resplendent in Wat Pra Kaew, a temple within the palace compound.
The Grand Palace is a must see for every visitor to Bangkok. Located close to the banks of the Chao Phraya River (The River of Kings) the Grand Palace is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court.
Within the compound is the Temple of The Emerald Buddha (Wat Pra Kaew) which houses Thailand most precious image of the Lord Buddha. The Emerald Buddha is believed to have supernatural powers and is dressed in robes according to the season by the King of Thailand himself.
Important: Please note that for visiting the Grand Palace you will be required to wear proper attire (no bare shoulder bare knees or strapless-heel shoes). Shoes must be removed before entering all temple buildings as a matter of respect.
- Program is based on English speaking guide. For other languages a supplement charge will apply.
- Lunch is not included.
- Tour is private basis.
- Total is 2.5-3.5 hrs depending on the hotel location and traffic situation.
- Pick up time from the hotel at approximately 8:30 AM and 1:00 PM (if no other time announced by the guide).
- Transfers only from/to hotels in the city-center (Prathunam, Silom, lower Sukhumvit, Riverside) are included in the tour- price.
- For transfers from/to Airport-hotels or hotels outside of the city-center, surcharges may be applied. Tour can be closed during public holidays.