Grand Palace & Temples Tour
A perfect Bangkok spouse program or off-site cultural addition for those new to or less familiar with the City of Angels. This half day private tour takes in Wat Pho & the enormous, golden Reclining Buddha, the Grand Palace & Wat Pra Kaew, home to The Emerald Buddha. A harmonious journey of history & heritage in the City of Angels.
“They are unlike anything in the world, so that you are taken aback, and you cannot fit them into the scheme of things you know. They are gorgeous, they glitter with gold and whitewash, yet are not garish, they hold their own defying the brilliancy of nature and supplementing it with the ingenuity and the bold playfulness of man … they open roads down which the imagination can make many a careless and unexpected journey.”
The Gentleman in the Parlour, Somerset Maugham, 1930.
This half day tour visit two of Bangkok’s most iconic and revered Visit two of Bangkok’s most impressive sights. The Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho is an enormous Buddha covered in gold leaf and lying majestically on its side. The Grand Palace has no equal and is a must see for every visitor to the city. Elegantly situated close to the banks of the Chao Phraya (The River of Kings), the Grand Palace is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Within the compound is the Temple of The Emerald Buddha at Wat Pra Kaew, which houses Thailand’s most precious image of the Lord Buddha.
- Program is based on English or German speaking guide. For other languages a supplement charge will apply.
- Lunch is not included.
- Tour is private basis.
- Total is 3.5-4 hrs depending on the hotel location and traffic situation.
- Pick up time from the hotel at approximately 08:30 AM or 1:00 PM (if no other time announced by the guide).
- Transfers only from/to hotels in the city-center (Prathunam, Silom, lower Sukhumvit, Riverside) are included in the tour- price.
- For transfers from/to Airport-hotels or hotels outside of the city-center, surcharges may be applied.
- This excursion may not be available over some public holidays in Thailand.
- Guide price is based on group bookings and excludes service fees and VAT.