Bangkok Food Tour Spiced with History
The Bangkok Food Tour Spiced with History Tour is perfect for spouse programs and off-site excursions seeking cultural insights into Thailand. Best operated in groups of 12 participants or less, this is a walking Bangkok food tour in Bangrak (also known as the “Village of Love”); a haven of family-run shop houses dispensing Thai food at its most authentic & best. Steeped in history, this Bangkok district is also home to several important religious & cultural monuments. You will not be left hungry!
Walk the streets of one of Bangkok’s oldest neighbourhoods to take in the historical sites and taste authentic Thai cuisine. Thai food is full of fresh aromas and heavenly spices, but to taste true Thai cuisine you need to frequent the places where the locals eat. This tour takes you to Bangrak, also known as the ‘Village of Love’, a local area full of small family-run shop houses that have been passed down from generation to generation and sell all sorts of homemade products.
Meet your guide at the sky train station and start the tour on foot – the best way to explore the back alleyways and experience the sights and smells of the city. Along the way pass by stalls and shops where aromatic dishes are being whipped up in front of your eyes. Stop at Ban Oou Mosque, which can trace its roots back to the 18th century before visit a homemade Chili Paste Shop which supplies to the shops in the area as well as to some hi-end hotels.
Stroll around the Bangrak Wet Market to see the different vegetables and fruits on offer and sample some of the delicious freshly cooked snacks. Also hear the story and beliefs behind the spirit house that is located inside the market. Take a short walk to Boonsap, an old dessert shop that has been operating for three generations and try out some typical homemade Thai desserts.
As well as sampling the culinary delights of the area, you will also stop in at some of the historic sites including the Suan Plu Temple; Sueb Samphanthawonse Church, the first Protestant Church in Thailand. Then make your way to Thanying, a 50-year-old restaurant that serves up the best homemade spicy curries to be found in the city.
- Program is based on English speaking guide. For other languages a supplement charge will apply.
- This tour is inclusive of drinks, food, fruit, snack that your guide offer during the tour.
- Group size 1-12 participants.
- Tour operates from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- Please inform us about any food allergies at the time of booking.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for this tour. Keep your stomach empty.
- Meeting point is BTS Skytrain, Sapan Taksin Station, exit 2.
- During hot season March – April, it can be very hot during the day.
- Tour is not available on Sunday as most vendors are closed.
- This tour does not operate on Thai public holidays.
- Guide Prices exclude service fees & applicable taxes.