Bangkok Daytime Markets
A varied half day tour that visits Bangkok’s renowned Flower Market, the Amulet Market & Nanglerng Food Market which has been in existence for over 100 years. The Flower Market is awash with floral scents, colour and seemingly perpetual activity; a photographers paradise. The Amulet Market is bee-lined by locals from all walks-of-life in search of a prized effigy some of which have eye-watering price tags. Nanglerng Food Market, a favourite among locals, comprises countless stalls dispensing all variations & influences of Thai cuisine; North, Northeast, Central & Southern … Sweet, sour, spicy & candied.
Soak up the scents, flavors and atmosphere of some of Bangkok’s most fascinating markets on this half day tour.
Start at the Flower Market where lines of stalls groan under the weight of colourful bundles of freshly cut orchids, lilies, jasmine, roses and more. See the skilled artisans create intricately strung flower garlands to be used as offerings for shrines and spirit houses.
Next move on to the Amulet Market where an array of antiques, amulets and religious pendants are on display, some of which command astronomical prices. Watch the locals peering at the amulets through magnifying glasses to check their quality.
The final market can be found in one of Bangkok’s historic neighborhoods surrounded by old-style shop houses. The lively Nanglerng Food Market has been around for over 100 years and hasn’t changed much since the early days. It is famous for its food stalls where you can indulge in culinary offerings including spicy Thai curries, aromatic noodle soups, steamed buns, traditional finger food and sweet sticky desserts.
- Program is based on English speaking guide. For other languages a supplement charge will apply.
- Lunch is not included.
- Total is 3.5-4 hrs depending on the hotel location and traffic situation.
- Pick up time from the hotel at approximately 08:00 hrs (if no other time announced by the guide).
- Transfers only from/to hotels in the city-center (Prathunam, Silom, lower Sukhumvit, Riverside) are included in the tour price.
- For transfers from/to Airport-hotels or hotels outside of the city-center, surcharges may be applied.
- Guide prices are based on group bookings and exclude Service Fees & VAT.