Bangkok Art & Culture Walk
The Bangkok Art & Culture Walk travels from your base camp hotel to Chinatown before travelling by bus to “Little India”. Strolling over “Saphan Phut”, one of Bangkok’s oldest and most iconic bridges, the party will venture into Thonburi and a Portugese quarter which has some hidden “gems” to offer; Wat Prayoot, St. Cruz Church & homemade culinary treats along the way. Continuing by long tail boat, a klong tour culminates with Klong Bang Luang, a small artist village which hosts the occasional puppet show.
Depending on where you are staying we will either take a sky train and boat, or road transfer directly into the heart of Chinatown.
Visit the Chinese temple of Wat Leng Noei Yi. Stop for a coffee or tea in a Chinese coffee-house that looks exactly like it did decades ago. Then hop on to a bus to explore the Indian quarter.
Stroll across the old iconic bridge, Saphan Phut, which leads into the interesting Portuguese quarter. Here you will find Wat Prayoon, a relatively unknown yet beautiful temple that has been decorated with the UNESCO “Excellence Award”. Visit the 18th century church of St. Cruz and stroll through the old alleys stopping to taste exquisite homemade snacks.
Board a long tailed boat for an exhilarating ride down the klongs to Klong Bang Luang, a small artist village. Explore the stilt-houses full of art and watch a puppet show (except Wednesday & Fridays). Stop to feed the fish in the klongs before returning to your hotel.
- Immerse yourself in the cultural Chinese, Indian and Portuguese areas.
- Join the locals for a brew in an old-fashioned Chinese coffee-house.
- Whizz down the canals in a longtailed boat to a waterside artist village.
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Private basis, operate daily.
- Capacity 1 – 8 persons.
- Lunch is not included.
- Puppet show isn’t available on Monday but you can still visit the artist village.
- Puppet show starts at 2:00 PM and takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Tour is recommended for Smaller groups.
- Tour is operated by public transportation.
- This tour requires a fair amount of walking. Comfy foot wear recommended.
- Please bring personal uses such as hat, sunscreen lotion and sunglasses.
- A certain amount of dexterity is required to get on and off long tail boats.
- Guide Price excludes all relevant service fees & government taxes.